Julie Ann Walker on Movie Quotes Galore! + Giveaway
I have a problem. It's movie quotes. (And song lyrics, but that's a post for another time.) Considering my mind is 20% occupied with thoughts of what I'm going to eat next, 10% occupied with whether or not I'll have time for a nap, and 70% occupied with random snippets of dialogue from movies, it should come as no surprise that I broke down and created a character who suffers the same affliction. Brando "Bran" Pallidino of DEVIL AND THE DEEP has lady-killer eyes, a pirate smile, and the ability to whip out the perfect movie quote in any situation. I had an absolute BLAST writing his character. And I'm here on Night Owl Reviews to share with you some of the movies I included in his book as well as some of my favorite quotes from those movies!
Ready? Steady? Go!
The Princess Bride
1. "Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam..."
2. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
3. "I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon."
1. "Hell's coming with me!"
2. "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."
3. "I'm your huckleberry."
1. "I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying."
2. "Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"
3. "Same old shit, different day."
1. "Get to the choppa!"
2. "You give away our position one more time, and I'll bleed you. Real quite. And leave you here. Got that?"
3. "This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus."
1. "That's my sweetheart in there. Wherever she is, that's where my home is."
2. "Do you think our love can make miracles?"
3. "I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me that has always been enough."
But... just so you know, none of these quotes were used in DEVIL AND THE DEEP. If you want to see which movie quotes Bran uses, you'll have to get the book! (See how sneaky I am?!? Ha!)
What's your favorite movie quote? Inquiring minds...
Second in NYT & USAT bestselling author Julie Ann Walker’s new romantic suspense series featuring former navy SEALs
The former SEALs of The Deep Six return in a sizzling series from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julie Ann Walker.
A COVERT MISSION
Maddy Powers’s life revolves around cocktail parties, political fundraisers, and charity events — but she can’t forget the daring former SEAL who appropriated her father’s yacht a few months ago … or the scorching kiss they shared before he disappeared into the deep blue sea.
SPARKS A FLAMING DESIRE
Bran Pallidino carries a dark secret behind his lady-killer eyes — one that keeps him from pursuing a serious relationship with Maddy. But when she’s taken hostage during a trip to the Dry Tortugas, the men of Deep Six Salvage drop their treasure hunt for a sunken galleon and embark on a dangerous mission to save Maddy.
WITH EARTH-SHATTERING REPERCUSSIONS
As they fight her merciless kidnappers, they discover this isn’t a simple hostage situation, but something far more sinister. Passion boils between Bran and Maddy, but what good is putting their hearts on the line if they don’t survive the dawn?
MORE IN THE SERIES
This contest is sponsored by a third party. The winner's prize will be sent by the sponsor. We are just posting their contest on Night Owl Reviews so our users know of the contest. Prizes are given away by the sponsors and not Night Owl Reviews. The sponsor is solely responsible for the contest prize and shipping.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Julie Ann Walker is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Black Knights Inc. romantic suspense series. She is prone to spouting movie quotes and song lyrics, and prefers impromptu travel over the scheduled kind. You can find her on her bicycle along the lake shore in Chicago or blasting away at her keyboard, trying to wrangle her capricious imagination into submission. For more information, please visit www.julieannwalker.com or follow her on Facebook, www.facebook.com/jawalkerauthor, and Twitter, @JAWalkerAuthor.